Rationale for Chiropractic Care
When joints of the spine don’t move properly, what is termed SUBLUXATION or JOINT DYSFUNCTION, they can irritate the nervous system – the nervous system that runs your body. This irritation may lead to problems in various body systems, depending on which nerve is affected. Chiropractic care, through safe and effective adjusting techniques, removes the source of irritation, allowing your body to heal and function properly.
Chiropractic Care has been shown to be effective for:
- Headache, migraine, neck, jaw pain and stiffness relief.
- Mid back, and rib cage pain and injuries.
- Lower back pain, muscle spasms, herniated disc or disc bulge.
- Shoulder, arm, elbow, forearm, wrist pain and injuries.
- Hip joint, knee, leg, ankle, foot, heel, arch pain (custom foot orthotics), and injuries.
- Soft tissue injuries, sprain, and strain (muscles, ligaments and tendons).
- Sports (running, tennis, golf, ski, biking, weight training and etc) injuries & MORE…
- Various conditions affecting infants and children
- Common symptoms during and after pregnancy
What to expect on your first visit? The purpose of your consultation with the doctor is to discuss your health goals and see if chiropractic is likely to help you. If it looks promising, a thorough examination that includes x-rays will help identify the cause of your problem.
Why x-rays? We do not guess when it comes to your health, rather than lying down, we want x-ray views showing your body in a weight-bearing position. If you are pregnant, x-rays will not be taken.
Second visit to discuss report of findings: We’ll spend about 15 minutes reviewing our findings with you and offering answers to the four questions most patients have when they consult our office:
- What’s wrong?
- Can chiropractic help?
- How long will it take?
- How much will it cost?
If you have any other questions, be sure to ask!
You’ll Have Choices: Based on our findings, we’ll make recommendations and you’ll be presented with some choices:
- Proceed with chiropractic care
- Seek the opinion of another practitioner
- Ignore the problem hoping it will resolve
- Medication to reduce symptoms (referral required)
- Exercise rehabilitation
- Surgical intervention (referral required)
Regular Visits: After the investment of time needed on the first and second visits, many patients become concerned that every visit will be of equal length. A typical office visit usually varies from 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the therapies that may be necessary. But don’t think the brevity of a regular visit reduces its value! With the groundwork laid, we can quickly size up the condition of your spine and nervous system, adjust you and get you on your way. Like a regular workout at the gym, each visit builds on the ones before. Miss a visit and you can lose the momentum necessary to make the needed changes. We recognize your time is valuable. So we do everything possible to run on time and minimize the interruption to your busy life.